August 18, 2016 Inspired by the Rio Olympics and in the spirit of my upcoming world travels, this fall I’ll be hosting the official Composer Quest Olympic Games!
These 6 short events are designed for (even busy!) composers to sharpen their skills and get in the habit of regular composing.
The events are:
- National Anthems – Arrange your favorite national anthem
- Table Tennis – Pass notes back and forth with an assigned partner
- Weightlifting – Tuba solos
- Hurdles – Charlie gives you a lead sheet to compose over
- Relay Race – Teams of four compose parts of a whole composition
- Composer’s Choice – Choose an Olympic event and represent it in your piece
Sign up for free at composerquest.com/olympics.
The American Composers Forum is co-sponsoring this challenge, and they’ll be offering discounted memberships to the gold medalists!
If you’re not a composer, you’ll still be able to follow along with these Olympic games during my world tour podcast season, starting in early September. Stay tuned at composerquest.com for updates.